Project Overall Goal:
To develop necessary professional and community resources to counteract negative psycho-traumatic impact of war on mental health of Ukrainian people.
1. To increase knowledge in general community and specific milieu (volunteers, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, schools) about impact of trauma on mental health, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and evidence-based treatments and their availability in local community.
2. To train regional trainers and supervisors in first-line evidence based treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (both in children and adults) – trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) and give them appropriate support so that they can conduct further trainings and supervisions at their regions for professionals working in military system, IDPs etc., support local awareness raising campaigns and organization of appropriate specialized treatment programs in the future.
3. To prepare and make available necessary informational resources (psycho-educational and self-help for affected people, manual on TF-CBT for professionals etc.).
4. To organize a specialized model evidence based program of treatment of PTSD at Institute of Mental Health of Ukrainian Catholic University (IPZ UCU)and provide necessary treatment for soldiers and refugees at Lviv region.
5. To support peace-building through fostering East-West dialogue, working on reconciliation etc.